Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Snow













In this quiet stillness,
I hear only whispers
and heartbeats across the room.

If I closed my eyes
just tight enough,
I could see the silence.

But maybe, just maybe
this time
the silence is within.
And maybe,
no one else can hear it
but me.

Maybe this time,
I got it right.
Maybe this time,
I'll find my way.
I'll know Your face,
I'll feel Your light.
Maybe this time,
I will not fall.

The world seems
to have stopped
suddenly in its tracks.
Is it waiting for me?
I'm catching up.
At least I've tried.
My feet at work.
Yet have I moved?

Snow said 'yes',
but did not wait.
I need my coat,
I need those shoes.

With closed eyes,
I look above,
My hands are cold,
my limbs are numb.
I guess that snow
still did come.
--Yasmin M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home