Monday, October 02, 2006

A Treasure

to know the depth of your own insignificance.
to be broken before God.
to have experienced even a taste of unselfish love.
we are mortal, but to stop living as if we're living.
and to know it's not yet, and the truth of the true life.
to taste the sweetness of a month meant to carry us there.
to see the Reality behind the rain and stars and sun,
and the waves of the ocean.
to see kindness and purity and the humility of an open heart.
to let go of all that has ever hurt you.
to erase oneself in the freedom of forgiveness.
to understand the miracle of flight.
to know the beauty of true beauty.
to fall. to fall at the knees of all your frailty and nothingness.
and yet to believe still, that you can stand.
not because of strength, but because He is the ground under your feet.
to have Him be your sight and your love and your hate.
and to know that no matter where you go
or who you are
or what you carry...
you are to Him
nothing and everything all the same.

--Yasmin M.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Yasmin! Your words in this poem are so deep and meaningful! You made me cry, reminding me that the truth in it, that Allah is the Only Answer in the end, is really the only thing I long holding on to.

I saw many different things as I was reading your poem; I saw me at my weakest points; I saw Ramadan; I saw that Day; I saw Allah's Blessings; and I saw me, becoming that person, that Muslim, I want to be.

I chose to read your poem at the perfect time, another Blessing I praise Allah for, and I want to say thank you for writing it.

~Alaa

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home