Friday, February 24, 2006

Rain














Let it rain on me.
I'll look up with my eyes closed,
and I'll let it rain all over me.
I don't want to be strong.
I just want to let it rain.
I'm tired.

It used to be so quiet here.
No. The silence is deafening.
Where have all the people gone?
I know now.
I know now.
I see.

It's raining too hard now.
I'm too tired.
Let it rain again.
Let it.
I'm tired.
I'm too tired to hide my pride.
Let it rain, who am i to stop it?
Who am I at all?

Maybe if I turned, I could see it.
Maybe it's not real.
No. It's just me.
Again.
Again.
It's alright.
I'm just tired.


"If a wound hath touched you, be sure a similar wound hath touched the others. Such days (of varying fortunes) We give to men and men by turns" (Quran 3:140 ).

2 Comments:

Blogger OSA said...

Did you write that dear? It's very pretty.
I can't find my Qur'an again, but I actually underline that myself. The other one I love

1. Have We not expanded (for) you your breast?
2. And removed from you your burden
3. Which weighed down your back?
4. And raised high the esteem (in which) you (are held)?
5. So, verily, with every difficulty there is relief:
6. Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.

7. Therefore, when you are free (from your immediate task), still labor hard,
8. And to your Lord turn (all) your attention.

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the warmth. the warmth defeats the need for reciprocity.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home