Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Steering

When I was at hajj, I had a dream that I was inside a room, that was inside a large truck. U got up from the drivers seat and went out of the truck. So then no one was driving. But the truck was fine. The truck continued to move and was driving perfectly straight and fine, without anyone in the driver's seat.

But a little later I got up and sat in the drivers seat and tried to steer myself. At that point, the truck started weaving and going out of control. I was just barely dodging cars and trees.

MORAL: Stop trying to steer. Let go and put your trust in Allah. He'll take care of everything...perfectly...as He already has with everything else.

SUBHANNALLAH!! I've always loved this ayah. I never knew it's context:

"Thus when they fulfil their term appointed, either take them back on equitable terms or part with them on equitable terms; and take for witness two persons from among you, endued with justice, and establish the evidence (as) before Allah. Such is the admonition given to him who believes in Allah and the Last Day. And for those who fear Allah, He (ever) prepares a way out, and He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And if any one puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is ((Allah)) for him. For Allah will surely accomplish his purpose: verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion" (Surah Al Talaq: 2-3).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home